With so much planned for this year’s show – June 13 to 17 – here we look back on the top 10 moments from the 2017 even
- Last year’s Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show Elite Auction made an outstanding record of £92,000 for the foal, Tinka’s Star, by Nick Skelton’s Rio individual Gold medal winning ride Big Star, out of multiple Grand Prix winner Tinka’s Serenade. On the evening, the overall total of 18 lots made a huge £443,000 with the Bolesworth Elite Auction proving it had come of age.
- Visitors had the fantastic opportunity to see the golden girl of British Dressage, Charlotte Dujardin training and producing her young horses during a Masterclass with her mentor, trainer and great friend Carl Hester. The Dressage Masterclass hosted by dressage maestro, Carl drew in a huge crowd of enthusiastic spectators last year. In 2018 Carl team’s up with Van Holst Horses to provide another demonstration that is set to be as popular as ever.
- Ireland’s Trevor Breen came out on top in last year’s Bolesworth International Puissance sponsored by Equitop Myoplast to bring the third day to a close. The battle for the title became an all-Irish affair, and when both Breen and Chris Megahey cleared 2.10m, the heat was on for the final round. Breen was first to enter the Bolesworth amphitheatre where the 2.15m wall awaited. Meeting the wall on a perfect stride, the Buckinghamshire-based rider proved the eventual victor after Chris Megahey took a single brick out in the deciding round.
4. Anthony Condon became the first Irish rider to take the Equerry Bolesworth International Grand Prix title on a day of sun-drenched show-jumping action in the International Arena. Anthony Condon was the final Irish challenger and he knocked over three and a half seconds off Keith Shore’s time to take over the lead with Balzac. With just two more to come forward, the competition was far from over but fences down for Eduardo Alvarez Aznar and Michel Hendrix ensured a first International Grand Prix win at Bolesworth for Condon, who is based at Harthill Stud, just five minutes away from the venue
5. Carl Hester completed a dressage double at the 2017 Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show. The two-day CDI three-star competition drew to a close with Carl guiding the Barolo to another notable victory. After winning Wednesday’s grand prix, Carl triumphed in the Equitop Myoplast freestyle to music, edging out his Great Britain colleague Gareth Hughes.
6. Showjumper, Matthew Sampson, was so determined to secure a place at the world-renowned event that he wrote and performed a song on facebook, dedicated to the President of the show, Nina Barbour, begging her for a place. The video, which at the time was viewed more than 80,000 times and received thousands of likes, paid off with Nina offering Matthew a ‘wildcard’* place at the show.
7. Every year Bolesworth’s Ladies Day proves to be a spectacular event. With many fabulous types of attire on display the day is always full of glamour. The dedicated day draws in a great crowd and the atmosphere is always glamorous. Alongside the collection of colour and finery of Ladies Day there is always a superb competition with great prizes for the ‘Best Dressed Lady’.
8. The 2017 event saw some of the best wakeboarders in the world battle it out in a spectacular head to head style contest on a purpose-built, world class wakeboard park on the Bolesworth lake in the spectacular Pro Wakeboard Tour.
9. When it comes to entertainment Bolesworth is the best with marching bands, top music acts, a children’s fairground, daring FMX Freestyle Motocross, where a bike even found its way into the VIP marquee and even a fun dog show – without doubt providing top moments galore.
10. Last year marked Bolesworth International’s 10th Anniversary which was a top moment in itself reflecting back on how far the show has come and how much it is still continuing to develop and grow in stature in the fabulous Cheshire countryside.
VIP Hospitality experiences are available for all sessions throughout the show, and include access to our luxury ringside marquee, with high end dining included from renowned London caterers Absolute Taste. For more information and to book Hospitality packages, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
General admission tickets can be bought online at www.bolesworthinternational.com