Team Selections for Young Rider European Championship Squad representing Great Britain at the forthcoming FEI Children, Junior and Young Rider European Jumping Championships, which will be held during the 16th – 21st July 2013 at Vejer de la Frontera in Spain.
• 19 year-old Pippa Allen from Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland. Pippa Allen will be partnering Cupido Z, a 9 year-old bay gelding owned by Peter Allen.
• 16 year-old Jake Saywell from Newark, Nottinghamshire. Jake Saywell will be partnering Farinelli Van De Zeshoek, a 8 year-old bay gelding owned Andrew Saywell.
• 18 year-old James Shore from Northwich, James Shore will be partnering Vitales, an 11 year-old dark bay gelding owned by Max Hauri.
• 18 year-old Laura Robinson from North Allerton, North Yorkshire. Laura Robinson will be partnering Cree Cruiser, a 14 year-old chestnut gelding jointly owned by Neil Robinson and Geoffrey Robinson.
• 17 year-old Jessica Mendoza from Chippenham, Wiltshire. Jessica Mendoza will be partnering Spirit T, a 12 year-old brown mare owned by John Roberts.
• 18 year-old Emma O’Dwyer from Churchdown, Glocucestershire. Emma O’Dwyer will be partnering Miss Tonic, a 10 year-old grey mare owned by Joanne O’Dwyer.
• 13 year-old Harry Charles from Alton, Hampshire. Harry will be partnering 13 year-old chestnut gelding Murka’s Milord D’Elle owned by Peter Charles MBE
• 13 year-old Robert Murphy from Preston, Lancashire. Robert Murphy will be partnering Del Fuego, a 10 year-old dark bay gelding owned by Catherine Witt
• 13 year-old Will Edwards from Ellesmere, Shropshire. Will Edwards will be partnering R Candy a 9 year-old chestnut mare owned Carl Edwards and Jane Lanni.
• 14 year-old Olivia. Olivia Poole will be partnering Andorra, an 8 year-old dark bay mare owned by Robert Smith
• 20 year-old Spencer Roe from Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Spencer Roe will be partnering Wonder Why, a 9 year-old bay gelding owned by Sally Roe.
The squads will start leaving for the Championships on Monday 8th July 2013 and when they arrive will spend time settling their horses into the stables prior to the first horse inspections. Competition starts on Wednesday 17th July for all three age groups with Team medals being decided on Friday 19th July and Individual medals on Sunday 21st July.
A total of 47 Nations across Europe have been invited to contest the Championships and Great Britain will compete under the guidance of Chef d’Equipe and Team Coach Corinne Bracken.
The British Youth teams are sponsored by Fairfax Saddles. It is Fairfax’s primary aim to improve the performance of the competition horse. All the saddles and girths are developed using the most advanced technology and are tested extensively. All research and design work is carried out under the direction of Vanessa Fairfax, an ex-International showjumper and University qualified designer. The company is based in Walsall and manufactures all its own products. For more information, please visit www.fairfaxsaddles.com.
The GB Showjumping Teams are strongly supported by the UK Sport Lottery funded BEF World Class Programme. The teams are further supported by Animo UK, Champion Hats, Next and Toggi.
For further information on the Championships and results once the competition is underway, please visit www.sunshinetour.net.